Snacks For Diabetics
Being a diabetic and choosing healthy snacks can be very hard. Avoiding sugar and fats can make all the difference. Here are a few snacks packed with vitamins and other health benefits so you can eat right.
- Blue berries were rated #1 out of 40 fruits. Blueberries may help lower LDL cholesterol. Also, eat the fresh ones, not the ones found in desserts!
- Yogurt contains healthy bacteria that helps boost your immune system and fights off infections. It is enriched with calcium and vitamin B. When choosing a yogurt, go with a low fat, low sugar product; pay attention to the nutrition label!
- Broccoli is high in antioxidants. It is also loaded with vitamin C, calcium, and high in fiber. Broccoli is good because it is low in calories; who doesn’t love that! Additionally, try steaming broccoli for added flavor.
- Spinach is a food that can be cooked in any recipe. It is high in antioxidants and vitamin A,C, and K. It also contains potassium.
- Apples are healthy in many different ways. They help lower cholesterol, prevent cancer, and many other medical conditions. Apples have large amounts of vitamin C and fiber. “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away”, sounds just about right now!
- Almonds contain a lot for a little nut. It contains protein, fiber, potassium, and calcium. It is rich in vitamin E and can help lower cholesterol therefore reducing the risk of diabetes.
There are many other snacks you can enjoy suck as; omlettes, sun dried mangos, baked potatoes, brown rice, fish, and even a little ice cream for dessert. Finding meals and snacks that fit your needs is hard but with a little hard work, you can lower your cholesterol and stay healthy.